Today's class was about some different topics. I did two hours of class as the teacher is leaving tomorrow and I couldn't do tomorrow's class. In the first hour we were two students but the other girl had to leave for the second hour, so I was alone for the rest of the class. We started talking about an exercise in a book about how would we live if we decided to opt out of the society. The questions were about where would we leave, how would we eat and organize, if we would have companions and so on. After that we talked about pets and Andrea told us that last year she had a duck and a chicken in her flat in the States, so we asked about them and she told us some interesting things about the duck's intelligence. After that we talked about sharing flats and how we live with our flatmantes. She wasn't particularly happy with her mates and she is going to move from her apartment because she feels unconfortable now. I explained that I was very happy with my mates and everything was going well in my flat.
In linguistical terms I am solving the problem of the common words and my fluency is improving fast. There's a lot of room for improvement now but I think that I am in the good path. My vocabulary is getting better as well as I am remembering some old vocabulary that I had forgotten in these lapse of using English. The thing is that, as I said in the last post in the blog, I am determined to reserver the last hours of the CAL to work on the problems I've been identifying.
Today's vocabulary:
Hut -> Wooden shelter
Wellfare payment -> When someone is homeless or poor and the state pays him
Validate a ticket -> When you put your ticket so the machine lets you out of the station
Dogpound -> The place where abandoned dogs are kept
Time Spent: 2:30h
dimecres, 17 de desembre del 2008
Subscriure's a:
Comentaris del missatge (Atom)
Cap comentari:
Publica un comentari a l'entrada