As I went to the library and the teacher wasn't there I worked in my vocabulary today. I surfed through the BBC page and I wrote down the vocabulary I didn't understand. I have a pair of links to some of the news that I read:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7815929.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7814987.stm
Here's the vocabulary:
truce: ceasefire, stop a war for a determined time
lull: period of calm
halted: to be stopped (the troops)
smuggling: Illegal trades through the frontiers of the country.
tatters: to be in tatters is to be in a very bad condition.
gross: flagrant, brutal
stalemate: to be stuck somewhere (in a negotiation)
hinges: the piece where a door can turn (bisagra)
ditches: to get rid of
playwrights: the person who writes theatre plays
unrest: disappointment
thug: person who gets paid to make violent actions
Time spent: 2h
dimecres, 7 de gener del 2009
Subscriure's a:
Comentaris del missatge (Atom)
Cap comentari:
Publica un comentari a l'entrada