Todays class has been very long and very productive. As I felt that I was taking profit of the class I decided to stay for the second hour and continue talking. We talked about a wide variety of things, but with a very normal style, it really felt like a normal conversation in catalan. We started talking about the exam time, how were the tests going and our thoughts about the future subjects. I had had a hard exam the day before and I talked about my bad opinion about the teacher and the subject in general. After that, we discussed the advantages and disadvantages of working in a group or alone when writing the projects in the degree.
Andrea Sofia had brought a sheet with some topics around dreams and we talked about it. The conversation then changed to the Vila Universitaria and we compared it with the dorms in the USA. We explained Andrea Sofia how was the day of the heavy wind episode here in Bellaterra and in the rest of Catalonia (for example, those poor 4 kids in Sant Boi...). Then we talked about driving and the fact that in the USA a sixteen year old person is able to drive a car and we agreed that this isn't a good idea.
I would rate my English today as very good. Everything was going right, apart from some normal doubts and some words that didn't come to my mind as fast as the rest, and I was improving as the class was going. I learned some vocabulary today too:
Bankbed: "llitera"
Matress: "matalàs"
Bedframe: "somier"
Fences: "tanques"
I always try to define words with my own expressions, but I can't even define them in catalan, so I suppose that it is valid to just translate them.
Time Spent: 2:30
Cap comentari:
Publica un comentari a l'entrada