
This time it was only an hour of class, as usual. We were four students in the class. I think that this year the conversation classes are really working, a lot of people meets there.
Andrea showed us a video from Youtube about that man that has become pregnant, Thomas Beattie. This time we could keep the class focused in that topic and we talked about the ethical and moral problems that these news can create. I think that it was an interesting talk, because we had some different opinions. For example, I explained that I didn't think that, in terms of being pregnant, Thomas is a man (because he is a transexual), so it all is just a media strategy to create some show. But when we talked about transexuals and how should we consider them I think that if they think they're men, we should consider them men. It's just that biologically Thomas isn't a man.
I really found confortable in this class. Everythin was coming to my mind fast and I didn't had those vocabulary problems that I had the last day. I don't know if it was because of the topic that we were talking about or because of the two hour class of the day before but it was really interesting. I also learnt some interesting vocabulary, but not because I couldn't say it. It was things that Andrea said and I couldn't understand:
Unwind -> Relax
Harassment -> Acoso (I don't know how to define it in English)
Pro choice / Pro life -> both sides of the abortion debate. Pro choice say that the women should decide what they have to do and pro life think the contrary.
Nature v Nurture -> We are born like we are or we become like we are?
I think that it was the best class since I started and the improvements are remarkable, although I sometimes can have a bad day, like the day before.
Time Spent: 1:30H
1 comentari:
I'm happy to see you like the conversation classes and you find them useful.
Remember the right spelling is 'comfortable' and 'uncomfortable' with M and not with N!
Publica un comentari a l'entrada