In today's class I was alone and this time we could focus on the subjects that Andrea had planned. In the class before they had talked about holiday's so, as the students in that class weren't catalan, it was my turn to explain why and how we celebrate our holidays in Catalonia. I tried to explain the best as I could what are the Tió, the Castanyada, 11th of September, Sant Jordi... Even though we nearly succeded in just sticking in a subject we ended talking about public transport and how is it organized here in Catalonia. Anyway, it was like and introduction to our culture for Andrea. She didn't know much about the country and its special things. It was a good way for me to try and remember what I know and what I don't know about my own country!
Today I had some problems with vocabulary. As I said in the Wednesday's class article it's just a matter of time. As I was alone I had to speak more than yesterday so obviously I made more mistakes and had a few more problems. The words were just normal and easy, it's just that I couldn't remember for the lack of use. I assume that the next class will be better and so on.
As I said before today I found myself a bit uncomfortable with my English, but as the class kept going I tried to use different constructions to the same things that I didn't know how to say. The thing is that as they are normal words that are used often I will be able to remember them again the next time and I won't get stuck that often. I have to say that it wasn't a disaster, I could say everything I wanted but I found it more difficult that I used to. I expect that the thing keeps improving.
Time spent: 1:30h
dijous, 27 de novembre del 2008
Subscriure's a:
Comentaris del missatge (Atom)
2 comentaris:
What were the words you have forgotten Albert? Any particular word, expression, idiom that you learned or revised?
Certainly, I should write down the words. Today I will take a paper to write them down.
Publica un comentari a l'entrada