Last post was a bit short, but I was out of time and I had to write the report in a hurry. Today I have more time and I'll be able to write and introduction. I have been reading a diferent news page today, the BBC one. It's good to change the fonts because the style is always different. After reading newspapers usually I find it easier to understand the vocabulary. That's why there aren't many words in this report. The topics are similar so the specific vocabulary about the Israel conflict, the Obama election or sports is easier. Here are the new words I've learned:
outcry: a protest
stakeholders: someone entrusted to hold the stakes for two or more persons betting against one another; must deliver the stakes to the winner
lead: mechanical device consisting of a toothed wheel or rack engaged with a pawl that permits it to move in only one direction (trinquet)
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7896994.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7897631.stm
There's a word that I haven't understood. Speaking about mortgages: "Forecloser". I tried to fins it in the dictionaries but it wasn't there.
Time Spent: 2h
dimecres, 18 de febrer del 2009
Subscriure's a:
Comentaris del missatge (Atom)
1 comentari:
Hi Albert, today is the dealine of mòduls CAL 2, I am flexible about it, don't worry. It would be interesting that you wrote a final conclusion about the whole course, about the possibility of doing it through a blog, etc. Once you've posted this last final conclusion, I'll assume the blog is ready for evaluation unless you tell me it's not ready. Ok?
Publica un comentari a l'entrada